In this 21st century people are becoming more conscious about their eating habits and life styles. Due to the rapid changing trends and lifestyles, people often tend to suffer from heart diseases, depression, stress, high blood pressure and other such related problems. All these problems can be controlled if you cook your food items in healthy ways.
Healthy cooking can really help you to stay in a fit shape. Well in this article my main focus would be to tell you about some very good ways through which you can cook your food in a healthy way without compromising on the taste.
1. Use as little salt as you can in your food. You can still maintain the taste of the recipe by adding lemon juice, herbs, flavored vinegar or different spices.
2. Try to use less of all fats like butter and oil. While cooking, avoid saturated fats; instead use unsaturated fats like soya oil, olive oil, vegetable oil or peanut oil.
3. As far as you can, avoid frying your food items. Instead of frying you can bake, boil, steam, grill or roast the food. This will help in maintaining the original nutrients of the food.
4. Always avoid using too much of tomato, soya or other processed sauces because they have a high level of salt content.
5. You will see that canned fruits and vegetables have a high sodium content, so if you want to cook a healthy dish, it is best to use fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. Try to replace your whole milk with fat free or skim milk if you are obese or fat, this would surely help you in loosing the fat that is stored in your body.
7. You should never cook your food more than it is necessary. Sometimes overcooking the food at high temperature can eventually destroy the nutrients present in it. Always steam or stir fry your vegetables.
8. Always go for natural food rather than preserved or processed food items. You can use herbs, tomatoes, vinegar, salads and onions as much as you can.
9. Add different types of vegetables in all the recipes, some of them that you can frequently use are carrots, spaghetti, peas, beans, tomato, mashed potatoes and onions.
10. Trim all the fat from the meat items before cooking. Remove the outer skin of the chicken and turkey. If the meat dishes have chilled while kept in the refrigerator, you should always spoon off the fat from them even if it has hardened.
Use these tips in order to cook your food in a healthy way to keep your body in a perfect shape.